The University of Toronto Robotics Institute supports U of T Engineering’s undergraduate minor in Robotics & Mechatronics and the Engineering Science major in Robotics.
Currently, the Robotics Institute does not grant degrees directly. Students interested in robotics at U of T should refer to the admissions websites for the individual partner departments and institutes:
- The Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) | ECE Homepage | ECE Admissions
- Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering (MIE) | MIE homepage | MIE Admissions
- University of Toronto Institute for Aerospace Studies (UTIAS) | UTIAS Homepage | UTIAS Admissions
- Department of Computer Science (CS) | CS Homepage | CS Undergraduate Admissions | CS Graduate Admissions
- Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering (IBBME) | IBBME Homepage | IBBME Admissions
Undergraduate Opportunities in Robotics
Minor in Robotics & Mechatronics
This area of study is open to all undergraduate students in the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering who are interested in pursuing a specialty in Robotics & Mechatronics. The program provides students with both introductory and advanced experiential learning courses. Students are admitted to the minor in Robotics & Mechatronics through their home department.
Engineering Science Major in Robotics
This major is open to all Engineering Science students. After students complete first and second year, students may pursue a major in Robotics Engineering. The program is designed with a special focus on system integration through design and research opportunities. Students must first be enrolled in the Engineering Science program before pursuing a major in robotics engineering. Visit the Division of Engineering Science for more information.